You have repeatedly told me
How proud you are
But I honestly don't see
Who you are referring to, a star
I take those compliments
And put them to heart
But it doesn't cover
The ache I feel from being apart
You are like my mother
Someone to seek guidance from
But I don't see
Who you think I should become
I love you to no end
But I just wanted to tell you
How much your absence affects me
And why I seem so blue.
Arlene, I hope this conveys my feelings. As you can see, it is not edited and doesn't intend to be either (unless otherwise noted). I must thank you for your support in my poetry and writings; afterall you were the one who showed me a new way to express myself. You've also showed me what a wonderful girl I am and how bright and creative I can be. I think very highly of you and I thank you.
All the best for the future.
Abby
No comments:
Post a Comment